Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, January 15, 2009

new eye color every day

My life is never boring. It is full of random funny things that happen to me. Some things are not so funny at the time, but funny later on. I am thankful God gave me a good sense of humor and the ability to laugh at the stupid things. Let me start with Monday night. I babysat for the James' on Monday so that Brooke and Chris could have a date night before Chris left town for about a month. Being the cool and efficient baby sitter that I am, I had the 3 kids fed, bathed and ready for bed by 6:30 pm even though they don't go to bed til 8. McKenzie wanted to do make over's on each other. I didn't want to go through the process of having to clean everyone up again so I told her I'd let her do a make over on me. This was NOT a good idea, though I thought it was at the time. Turned out the eye make up that she got as a Christmas present wasn't eye make up at all. It was lip gloss that stains your skin! When they came home, Brooke tried everything she could to help me get the pink goupy stuff off of my eyes. We weren't completely successful. Tuesday morning when I went to school everyone asked me what was wrong with my eyes. I got questions like: "do you have pink eye?" or "have you been crying?" or "you must be really tired because it looks like you have been rubbing your eyes a lot".
Brooke had me come over again yesterday after I got done with class. It was an easy day babysitting because the youngest, Jack, was sleeping. When Brooke got home with the girls and Jack woke up, we were playing around and wrestling on the floor. All 3 of the kids were on top of me. Lily then fell on top of my face and kneed me in the nose. Instantly my face was red, I had a headache, and tears filled my eyes. I was pretty sure I broke my nose again, but luckily I didn't. Brooke and I were worried that I'd have two black eyes the next day (which would be today). Two black and blue eyes would not have gone well with my white scrubs for my graduation pictures today. My friends Julie and Alex and me were playing around taking our own graduation pictures today while we were in line. Here are some of them:




No comments: