Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I don't like being rushed...

Did anyone know that the Starbucks in Hunters Crossing shopping center closes at 9pm and they will kick you out at 8:50? Well my friend Traci and I didn't know. Most Starbucks in town stay open to at least 10 or 11 to accommodate for the caffeine driven college students that like to sip their coffee at late hours of the night while cramming for tomorrow's test. Traci and I had plans a week ago to meet at Starbucks to catch up at 8pm. I was running late and didn't get there until about 8:15. Around 10 til 9, the bartista shooed us out of the early closing shop so that he could go home. Traci and I quickly got up and walked outside and continued our conversation for about an hour and a half longer. We watched as they cleaned up, put the chairs up and locked up. Around the time we were saying our goodbyes and heading to our cars I realized I couldn't find my keys anywhere! I searched my big purse, my pockets, the ground, and peered through the window of my car to make sure I didn't leave them in the seat. There was only one option left- I must have left them in Starbucks! Well indeed I did! Traci peered through the dark window of Starbucks and found my keys in the cushion of the big chair I was sitting in. My wonderful roommate Sarah was gracious enough to drive me to Starbucks this morning to retreive my keys bright and early this morning before I was even dressed and ready for school. When I went to class, my friend Anne came up to me and said, "You have a smile on your face like you're going to tell me about something ridiculous that happened to you over the weekend." She was right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I left my retainer at T.J.I. Fridays. They kept it in a drawer until I came back and got it. Also, once I threw my retainer away and made my dad search for it in the trash. Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Heck yes I did