Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The funny things teachers say

I'm quite confident that most of the time when our teachers are lecturing they too, are bored. Sometimes they say random things to check if we're still paying attention. But sometimes, I can't tell if the funny things they say are on purpose to make us laugh or just part of their normal thought processes and they don't think about it. Today, I was pretty sure that my teacher didn't notice that she said IT! "If the child pittles here and there, it should be brought to your attention that this is not normal." In this context, I'm pretty sure she meant definition 2. She was talking about the pediatric patient and UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) when she mentioned one of a few ways to notice if a child/your child could have a UTI is by change in their pattern of urination. I was the only one in the class to pick up this little bit of slang! I laughed out loud.

6 comments:

LuraLynn said...

Really, but do they really know? I had a 2nd year religion prof who lectured while he wrote EVERYTHING HE SAID on the board. The classroom was in the shape of a horseshoe (and this is no joke)and the same four guys in the bend fell asleep every Tuesday and Thursday about 1/2 hour into class (2.5 hour class). He never said a thing. I sat next to a girl from my floor and our soul pupose in class was to keep each other awake.

Anonymous said...

Be nice when you talk about teachers. You're right in thinking they sometimes say things just to get your attention. Where would you be WITHOUT teachers?

LuraLynn said...

Without teachers, I wouldn't be a teacher. I would probably just be stuck trying to fin the humor of every situation.

Kathy said...

i'm very thankful for teachers no doubt! they are some of the most patient people i know. shoot! i've got a family full of them, both grandparents on my dad's side, 2 aunts, my uncle, my sister, and 2 cousins!

LuraLynn said...

I was answering Anonymous's question, "Where would you be....?". K, I hoppe you didn't think I was getting all self righteous w/ you.

Kathy said...

nope. you're all good.