Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lungs- Don't fail me now!

Fact #1:Thanks to a group of campers who we thought were infected with the swine flu but really had upper respiratory infections (which might I say are quite contagious) I spent last week fighting my URI. 2 full days off of work and a full 5 days of my antibiotics I was SURE I was set. W R O N G!!! Often people who have URI's develop acute bronchitis 3-4 days after URI's peak! Well here I am... wheezing and hacking up a lung. Coughing to the point where I lose my breath and get light headed! Sometimes acute bronchitis can last up to 3 weeks or turn into chronic. Here's why this all sucks: I am a horrible sick person. I complain a lot. I also have to lead a group of 360 campers on a 1.5 mile hike to the top of the mountain tomorrow. You might ask, why can't another EMT/Nurse go on the hike tomorrow? Well, all of us are ill and I just happened to be scheduled.

Fact #2: there is a mouse in our kitchen and I can hear him scampering in the cupboards.

Fact #3: There is a corner of our living room which is known as the bug corner. In the corner there is a table with a lamp on it next to 2 very large windows. Some how there are bugs that can seep through the window and attack the lamp and other objects around the lamp.. such as my FACE! Outside of the window there is a very large spider that looks rather deadly that feeds off of the multitude of bugs that don't make it through the window into our house.

Fact #4: I shared a story with two of the Tawashi girls (housekeeping) when hanging out with them and getting to know them a little better. One of the girls was Sam Dillon, a high school wyld life leader from back home. Well, I had them all rolling on the floor laughing and disgusted at the same time..2 days after I told this story I had people coming up to me who weren't a part of that special moment asking me about more details of the story. Somehow the story had gotten retold from high schooler to high schooler to the point where things weren't true at all! I had to straighten them all out!

I must get to bed and try to stop hacking. It's taken me forever to write this post because of my limited lung capacity. Peace yo!

No comments: