Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independance Day!

My roommates are decked out in their patriotic attire and flare and working while I have been taking another sick day to get well from yet a new illness. My bosses made me go to the doctor yesterday to get tested for Type A flu and told me I was not to work today. I'm enjoying my day off. I slept in late, showered, studied, called some friends, and now I get to blog! Kelli told me I haven't been nearly witty enough. I blame it on the lack of energy I've had lately.
Friday the interns and our bosses went into the thriving town of Jasper for a cookout and the Jasper Fair. I have never seen so many: mullets, mohawks, pregnant or teen mothers, morbidly obese, rebel flag wearing people gathered in such a small vicinity. We were given 15$ each to either get a pass for unlimited rides or get 15$ of fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes. I decided to pocket the money due to the fact that I had a fever(and deathly ill) and was not sure I trusted the rusty metal light up death traps they assemble in 2 days that they call "RIDES". The pictures speak for themselves! I was kind of "mom" for the night. I stood by the gates to each ride holding multiple purses and cameras. After about two hours I had enough of that so my friend Amber and I went and sat in the grass to wait for our friends. We were having good conversation until my runny nose interrupted. *This could be gross to you! It turned into a faucet! Here is how our conversation proceeded... Me: Did you see that?(as I wiped the clear fluid that was dripping down my face) Amber: (without even looking at me) No, but Santa did! (as a large man with a bald head and a white beard down his chest walked by) We laughed together then there was this pause as I was thinking. Me: Yeah, because Santa is always watching! He watches to see who's naught or nice. (trying to sing the song) Amber: Uh..? Then there was a break of uncontrolable laughter and crying!Me, Amber and Bailey watching as some of the interns were on the octupus/spider rideThis is the front seat of one of the rides. CAUTION TAPE! No thank you!Jeff and Hannah showing their excitement for the spider/octopus ride. Brittany in the background not so sure about it.This picture captures the essence of the Jasper folk. If you look closely you can see the woman on the kiddy ride with the ballin' mullet!

Amber right before our moment in the grass.
Just another piece of scrap metal they like to call a ride!

No comments: