Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rubber Gloves

Things here at camp have stayed consistently busy and interesting. I'm finally over being sick and have for the most part my energy back. I don't always get the amount of sleep I need, but when have I ever? This Saturday marks the end of session 2 which means we have had 7 full weeks of campers. Approximately 415 campers each week x 7 weeks = 2905 campers that had the opportunity to hear the gospel. How exciting! 3 more weeks to go! It's hard to believe it's coming to an end.

I haven't blogged in a while, so of course I have some stories to share, but for now I'll leave you with this one. The other day I was hanging out at the snack bar in the game room because it's only 7 feet from the infirmary and easy access to pretty much anything I might need. While I was sitting behind the register with the snack bar girls a camper came up to me (maybe 15 or 16 yrs old) and asked me for a rubber glove. Having access to rubber gloves, I was curious what he was going to use it for before I gave him one. The camper said, "Well I need to go to the bathroom really bad, so I need a rubber glove." This made me even more curious. He then explained that someone had clogged the boys toilet with paper towels because there wasn't anymore toilet paper in the stall. I immediately grabbed my radio thinking about who I could call to come fix this problem. The camper said it wasn't a big deal and he'd unclog it himself if I just gave him the gloves, that he was just in a hurry. I was not comfortable with this idea... A camper having to stick his hands down a toilet on his 2nd day being at camp, I mean that sure sounds like the "BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE" too. Wearing my blue shirt, representing Sharptop, I decided I needed to step up. Come on, a clogged toilet isn't the worse thing I've faced in my career of nursing. I put on the surgical gloves because they come up almost to my elbows and went fishing. The camper held the trash can close as I pulled the 6 3ft paper towels out of the toilet while avoiding... The both of us were gagging and laughing. I've come to a conclusion that many have probably already made, BOYS ARE GROSS!

No comments: