Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Breathtaking!

The title of this blog is exactly how I'd have to describe the last 2 weeks! Absolutely breathtaking! The schedule hardly permits one to breathe! My anxiety level is constantly through the roof, thus making my chest feel heavy, physically making it hard to breathe. Then, the beauty of the mountains and the love of people around me overwhelms me daily. But even more, I have been reminded how breathtaking it is to see God move in lives of kids who didn't understand what FULL life is really worth. To see kids pile in buses and drive hundreds of miles to get to camp and act a fool the first day or two and then transform throughout the week because God's heart is penetrating theirs to the point where they are hardly recognizable after 6 days of love by a father they weren't aware was there for them. God continues to amaze me. Here I am at Sharptop, pretty far from where I had planned on being this summer. Pretty far from all expectations I had after graduating nursing school.. but SO close to everything HE wants for me! WHO knows where I'll be in August when I leave Georgia? Or what I'll be doing? Who knows other than the one's who's plans are to prosper me and not to harm me! I will take hold of that!

BTW its 2:18, I'm awake- should be sleeping because my alarm clock goes off in less than 5 hours! OH and I really really miss my 10 lb dog, Joey and snuggling with him at night! :(

1 comment:

kel said...

I am so proud of you Kathy! Thanks for sharing :)