Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finals Week

So I don't really have any funny stories to report since I haven't been at work too much and my clinicals are over for this semester. Last week, I did work on my birthday on a really busy floor at Shands. The other PCA's (buttwipers) told me that I was the best PCA they had up there in a long time and asked if they could get my schedule so they could request me to be sent to that floor everytime. It was quite the compliment. Although, if you ever go to AGH you will find my face on a plaque by the lobby elevators that says I'm PCA of Excelence ;).. I know I'm hott stuff! I don't even work at AGH anymore. I also worked on Saturday and got the pleasure of sitting for a 12 hour shift in a room on the trauma floor with a patient who was in a really bad car accident. This guy got out of restraints multiple times and almost hit me a couple times. He had a very bad brain injury so he didn't really know what was going on. After he would get really agressive he'd get really sweet and tell me he was sorry and that he loved me. Aparently Tim Tebow came to visit us in the room that day, and Hank Williams Jr. Being a PCA is more than just buttwiping-it's also listening to crazy stories, and lots of wrestling. This week is the last week of class and then we have our last final on tuesday! WOoHoo for Christmas break! I can see it now- the light at the end of the tunnel! One more semester to go.

No comments: