Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hi, my name is Clutzo!

If you know me, you know how prone I am to accidents. If you know me, you know that there are often unexplained bruises on my body. Bruises that are weird shapes and in weird places. I will tell you right now-I am not abused, as this may sound like some of the similar case studies we deal with in class. No, no, I am just a CLUTZ!!!! But if you have read my earlier posts you would know this from my most embarrassing moment that happened first semester of nursing school. I have been really sick for the past week. I have had many moments lately where I felt like my head was unattached because I was clearly not thinking straight. Tonight at clinical, my head was attached, I just wasn't walking straight! A few friends and I were walking back from Shands in the tunnel to head back to the VA. We were laughing at me for some reason (probably at how funny my man voice sounds or how ridiculous I am sometimes) and walking and talking and B A M! No warning at all, I ran smack into the wall/doorway. I hit it so hard I flew across to the other side of the hallway and landed on my butt! I smacked my arm pretty hard into the door to where it was instantly red. I gave my friends a real good laugh, but at least they made sure I was ok. Tomorrow is my last day at the VA. I really enjoyed clinical for the most part this semester. My group, instructor and the fun stories were all great! It's even more great that I only have 5 more months til I graduate!!!

No comments: