Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Friday, December 12, 2008

Thumping and Bumping

So as I have discovered that no one really reads my blog I can probably blog about anything I want. It is 5:48 in the morning and I'm getting ready to go to work. I have noticed some weird things going on with my own body lately. I've had a migraine that has come and gone a lot over the past 3 weeks. I have been getting light headed often when I stand up. But those two things aren't that worrisome as it could mean I have just not been getting enough fluids. The thing that has me a little nervous is the thumping and bumping I have been feeling just below my sternum or 3 inches up from my belly button. It's a pulsating feeling. When a lay down or just sit it pounds very hard. When I stand I can feel it slightly, but it mostly goes away. It feels like an alien living in my lower chest/abdominal cavity. When I push on the alien it hurts. I am going to run this by some nurses today at work and possibly one of the passing doctors. I think I could possibly have developed an abdominal aortic aneurysm. I don't really fit into age group for having one seeing that I am not over 60 and male. I just don't think its normal to be feeling the way I have been lately. Off to work.

2 comments:

aly said...

Did you ever find anything out about this?

Kathy said...

I never went to the Dr about this.... but I am not dead yet. So I'd assume this would be one of my hypochondriac moments. I do still feel it a lot.