Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Somehow still standing!

It was not easy, but I made it. I made it through my fourth semester of nursing school! Many were uncertain when we hit the submit button on the computer to "turn in" our final Monday morning. I had never been so worried in my life! I studied my butt of for my acute care final that was Monday. I am not sure I studied that much over the whole semester combined.... Or even for any other test I've taken in nursing school. I think my total was 19 hours of study time for my acute care final. Well, it didn't matter how much I studied. I bombed that final. It was by far the most difficult test I've taken in my entire life. I have gained quite a bit of knowledge from nursing school, but this test was not a test of our knowledge. This test was a test of everything they haven't taught us in nursing school. Students that are A+ students got scores in the 60's on this final. Somehow I managed to pull off a 76..which is still failing (a passing grade is a 77 or higher btw). Today we took our maternal/child/OB final. I chose not to study for this final. I decided that the acute care final was going to kick my butt so I needed to spend every waking hour studying for it instead of the OB final. Turns out the 20 min I spent looking over notes before the final was sufficient enough. I pulled of an 84. It's not an A, but it's not an F! 20 minutes compared to 19 hours well.. let's just say I'm not so happy with the nursing instructors right now. To all of those who were exited from the program due to S T U P I D finals, my heart goes out to you! Keep your head up.

1 comment:

aly said...

Good job, Kathy. I'm proud of you!