Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Break Blues

Today officially starts my spring break. I skipped class this morning to sleep. It was much needed because I slept until 1:30!!! It is nice to not have to think about papers or final exams, but it would be great to get out of Gainesville for a little bit. Nearly everyone I know is going somewhere awesome like on a cruise in the caribean, to the bahamas, to jamaica, to NYC, Washington DC, the Fl keys.. you get the point. Where will I be? Probably working 6 out of the 8 days we are on spring break. I drove a friend down to Orlando last night to take her to the airport. My sister rode along so I wouldn't get lost coming back. We went shopping after we dropped my friend off and were so jealous of the outlet malls they have there! The best part of the night was when we drove around down town orlando completly lost for an hour with my friend Tammy on speaker phone trying to describe to us how to get to the hospital (that she is doing practicum at). She has only been there for a week and knows nothing about the street systems there. There are LOTS of hospitals in Orlando by the way. When we finally found Tammy's dorm, we took her to dinner at Outback. We were expecting at least a 30 min wait like we would have here, but we were able to sit down right away. I forgot to ask the waiter (Brad) to not put lemons in my tea and water. I was explaining to Tammy how dirty lemons are and how i didn't like them (in my drink-which i thought was implied when I was fishing the lemons out of my drink). Her response was, "I'm a woman, why do you think all women are dirty?" I love Tammy and the things she says! Anyway, if anyone has anything fun or interesting to do, or see in Gainesville hit me up! I'll be working 7 to 3's all week for the most part.

No comments: