Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Caffiene Junkie

Wow! I can't believe how close I am til graduation! May 1st is just around the corner! ONE more month! I'm doing my practicum/transition right now, which means that I am strictly working in the hospital. <--this was from a post I began to write march 31st, shows you how busy I am.. so here is the continuation.
I have been soo busy that I haven't had time to sit and read blogs or write my own in a while. Blogging has actually been the last on my list of things to do. I haven't had time to see friends, do laundry or the most important of all, SLEEP! The nurse I am working with at the hospital is one of the oldest ones on the floor. She takes a little more time than most to get the job done. So I have worked (for free) 48 hours this week for school. I managed to work 4 hours and get paid for it after I had already done a 12 hour shift Saturday which made my total hours at the hospital up to 52!! Let me just tell you how anxious yet ready I am to start working on my own. I'm kind of having a rough time with the nurse I am working with. This lady is nuts- she drinks 4 mountain dews before 12pm (when we take a lunch). Let me give you some info about mountaindew. In one 20 oz bottle of mountaindew there is 90 mg of of caffiene! 90 x 4= 360mg of caffiene!!! DANG yo! So you'd think someone who has consumed that much caffiene would be having heart palpitations maybe even be extremely excitable... well, this is not the case. Of the two times I have taken my lunch break with my nurse, she has fallen asleep WHILE chewing her food. Next time it happens I might take a picture with my phone. Anyhow.. any of you who read my blog to keep up with me and want to lift me up in prayers..I'd greatly appreciate if you lift me up right now. Though I LOVE working in pediatrics, the nurse I am working with has made it very difficult to love what I'm doing. I am also waiting to hear back from the hospital as to whether or not I will be offered a job this week! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: