Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Sunday, April 12, 2009

sleep deprivation

This week wasn't as bad as last week when it comes to clinical. Things actually seemed to go pretty well. I started my first IV! Did my first female cath! And got a 7 yr old boyfriend all in one week! The 7 yr old was one of my patients! He was the cutest thing ever! He made me a present and wrapped it up in a paper towel! It was so precious!
So... I feel kind of bad about my last post.. and how I talked so horribly about the nurse I was working with. I found out this poor woman is narcoleptic and the mountain dew keeps her functioning at the level she does! Sometimes I wish I could be narcoleptic. I have the opposite problem. I often am stuck awake and don't get enough sleep.
This week was Holy week; the week before Easter. I attended an all night prayer vigil at St. Andrew's (my church) that was from 10-6am. Then there was a 6am service that I attended. You'd think someone might be churched out after being in one for that long, but after the service we went to breakfast and then I hopped right over to another service, at the church I grew up in, to hear my sister sing and attend with the family. Wow was that weird. When I say I grew up in that church, I mean I was 5 or so when we built the church, then stopped going there in my junior year of high school for many many reasons. Which would make it 5 years now that I haven't attended that church. I felt very awkward, and most people didn't even remember my name or recognize me. Both of which upset me because of HOW extremely involved I was in that church. Oh well, I love St. Andrews! I really do! I have grown to be a different person because of how much love the people have poured out on me there! I have grown to see what it's like to really be a follower of Jesus and to be more like him! Praise be to God for the work he has done in my life in the last 5 years!
OH.. and if you really want to be a good friend.. don't ask me about Shands job offers! No I haven't heard anything back yet and don't know that I will until the last week of April. They sent us out an email saying they have delayed the hiring process yet again. I'm nervous and more anxious as to what the future has to hold for me! I've been given a few opportunities for this summer and I'm uncertain of which one might be best for me. Keep me in your prayers!

Official countdown= 17 days til graduation!!

No comments: