Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Count Down

6 more days until I dress in all white and walk down the isle to start a new life! Ha, a new life as a college graduate and a brand new nurse that is! Time to grow up. I've been living on my own for a while now, so in some sense I have become an adult. But really, I have so much more growing up to do! I am still waiting to hear from Shands about a job. I interviewed back in February and was told I'd be getting a phone call the first week of April. Well that's come and gone! Shands has had some difficulty with hiring right now while they are in transition of hiring people for the new cancer center and moving people from AGH over before they close it down. So I'm trying to be understanding and patient, but its hard. In the mean time, I DID accept a position as CAMP NURSE/EMT summer long intern at SharpTop Cove in Jasper, Ga. I am more than excited for this opportunity, it will probably be the last chance I will have to do something like this for a long time. Most of you who talk to me on a regular basis- none of this news is really news to you.

On another note.. I spent 9 hours in the ER Friday night/Saturday morning. Don't worry, I'm fine! I actually was there as support for a friend of mine. It was a huge confidence boost that the nurses and doctors all suspected the same things I did when I went to pick her up from her house before heading over to the ER. When I got to her house I did a quick assessment of her and decided that the ER was a smart choice. I felt very proud of myself for having actually learned something in the past 2 years of nursing school! After doing blood tests and CT scans, turned out to not be nearly as serious as I (or the nurses and drs) had thought it was, praise God! It ended up being 9 hours of let's play the best friend game and get to know each other really really well, with just a really big bill to follow. My sleep schedule is way out of wack now. It always has been, but even more so now. I got didn't get home from the ER until 10:30 am. I went to sleep and woke up at 4:30 pm to go hang out with a friend. Was awake until 4am and then got up at 9:30am for church. We'll see what happens tonight.

OK.. this post is long enough.. I am going to leave you with a link I found on one of my friend's pages. It is a little french girl named Capucine telling a story. She is soo cute and so creative! I have decided that when I have babies I'm only going to speak french to them so they turn out as cute as this girl. I need to learn french first. Anyone wanna teach me?

No comments: