Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, September 3, 2009

To sleep or not to sleep?

It's almost 4am. WHY AM I AWAKE!? It's often that my thoughts are running a million miles a minute right when I should be sleeping. It doesn't help that I had 12 hours of sleep last night. Some of that sleep was recovery sleep from yesterday (Tuesday) when I woke up sick. I have a job interview at 10:30 this morning at Shands on the cardiac unit for day shift. It was supposed to be Tuesday but I had it rescheduled. Do I bother going to sleep? Do I stay up and get some things done that I've been wanting to get done? If I go to sleep now (by some miracle), then I will have to get up in about 4 hours or so. After my interview I will have a friend visiting, and at some point need to go to work. I think my best bet is to sleep as much as possible during the day tomorrow after my interview and work night shift 7pm to 7am. I never have had an easy time sleeping since high school. When I am stressed I have an even harder time! I think I should try sleeping pills but have always been too scared to use them. Something has gotta change. I can't live like this forever.

No comments: