Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Seek, Knock, Ask

For the past 3 to 4 years (I can't keep track anymore) that I have been attending St. Andrews there is one lesson that I always appreciate learning again. Though I've heard it a hundred times before it always takes one more time hearing it for my heart to receive and understand another peice of that lesson. Seek and keep on seeking! Knock and keep on knocking! Ask and keep on asking! Do this and the Lord will bless you. It took 5+ months but it finally happened! I GOT A JOB! I have become quite discouraged due to the hard process of finding a job and the many rejections time after time. I was so tired of hearing people say to me, "You're a nurse and you can't find a job? I thought there was a nursing shortage! Shouldn't you be able to find a job anywhere!? You must not be looking hard enough." I was almost sure that if I heard it one more time I just might slap a'ho. Haha! Not really but it was frustrating for sure! I went in on Thursday morning for my 10th interview. The 5th thru the 9th I had just not put in my best effort. My heart wasn't in it, and many people kept telling me it just wasn't the one God wanted for me. Number 10, however, felt different. I was very excited, nervous, and unsure of myself at the same time. I was preparing in my car for almost a half hour what I was going to do if I was rejected yet again. To my surprise the interview went great! They liked me and I loved them and that was that! So the adventure begins. I will be starting work on the 20th of this month on the Burn/Plastics/Neuro unit at Shands Hospital. The next 12 weeks of my life is going to be chaos and fatigue but can I just say how THANKFUL I am for the opportunity to have that chaos and fatigue! God provided in just the right time and with just the right job for me! More updates soon. I'm sure I will have tons of fun stories to tell you about.

No comments: