Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A new obsession

After being home from camp for just over a month, I have found nothing productive to with the time when I'm not working or sleeping. My time has been spent trying to beat Chris James on bejeweled on facebook or reading about the new gossip in hollywood. Lady Gaga is a freak and Kanye West is a jackass. Serena Williams makes me laugh, and I'd be scared of her too. I am not that concerned about Patrick Swaze, Farah, or MJ. When I die, I'm sure there won't be some huge tribute to me on TV. That being said, my time has not been put to good use. So after hanging out with Aly monday I have decided.. I'm going to be crafty! Not maliciously crafty, but rather Betty Homemaker crafty. I have taken up a few hobbies. Etsy has been around for quite some time now and has not been a new discovery for me, but definitely a new obsession. I have spent endless amounts of time looking at things on Etsy that I KNOW that I can make. I was going to post some pictures of just a few things that I have started and some that I have already made. Some of my friends say they just never knew all of this creativity was inside of me! Others are just jealous. Ok, not really. Lyndsey my roommate has also been inspired and has made many decorations for our new appartment. I love having an engineer for a roommate because she is very creative and will draw things out exactly (in the paint program on the computer) before making them! Tomorrow's project..silhouettes of our heads (all the roommates- Lyndsey, me, and my brother Robbie)on black cork boards. Should be interesting and fun to make! Why did I become a nurse? Answer: To support my new hobby of making things!!! Good thing my new schedule at work is 3 days on 4 days off! Get ready Etsy here I come!

No comments: