Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Friday, February 27, 2009

Crazy

I haven't blogged in a while! It's almost been a month. This blog won't be too long because I have a friend coming over to study with me in just a min, but I wanted to give a short update on my crazy life. With in a period of 2 and a half weeks I've had to deal with: 5 days of pediatric (I will call it peds from here on out) clinical, a 20 page peds paper, 1 pscyh exam, 4 days of psych hospital, another 15-20 page paper for pscyh, and 2 finals next week.
As most of you who know me personally would know, I was NOT looking forward to doing my psych rotation at the psych hospital. The idea of being surrounded by crazy people scared me. Turns out, we're all a bit crazy. Some of the people there made me feel quite uncomfortable, but others were just normal people, with normal lives, experiencing really hard times. I met an 18 yr old girl the last day of my rotation, who was in for an overdose in pills. When she realized what she had done, she had called her sister right away. She says she wasn't trying to hurt herself, just dull the loud thoughts in her mind that screamed at her that she was worthless, ugly and fat. All of which she was not. Such a young girl with SOOO much trauma in her life. My heart broke for her. I enjoyed the little amount of time I had to speak with her. The Young Life leader in me just took over. So the over all experience, though very difficult at some points, was not as bad as I had anticipated.
Ok, the weather is too great to not be outside at the pool. So my friend is here and I'm going to get my study on pool side!

No comments: