Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ventriloquist Evangelism


A of week ago I was driving down 34th street and turning onto Archer Road when I saw this strange figure between the cars on the median in the middle of the road. I drove up closer and stopped at the light to turn left and there he was- A man with a sign condemning everyone to hell if you don't turn and repent now! on his back, an umbrella hat, and to make things just a little more interesting a ventriloquist doll proclaiming the gospel. Growing up in church, I had always seen puppets being used to teach Sunday school lessons and help children relate to bible passages somehow through furry hand socks, but I had never even thought I'd see the day where I could be evangelized via drive by. I wish I had also gotten a picture of his RV that was covered in print just like the sign on his back. It was quite a story to tell people the day I saw this man, but when I was leaving work the other morning I saw him again! This time he saw me pull out my iphone to take his picture and he started walking towards my car. I hope this ventriloquist evangelism picks up across the world!! He's obviously getting the attention from distracted drivers like me.

No comments: