Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Monday, May 11, 2009

Now what?

I've graduated and moved on up in the world and officially accepted the role and title of "adult". They always say at age 18 you are considered by law an adult, but I think that it's insanely too young to be considered an adult. I'm 22 and not sure I want to accept the full responsibility of claiming to be an adult. I seem to have mentioned this concept a lot in recent blogs. Maybe there is some sort of fear I have linked to it..?
The month of May seems to be going by rather quickly and has also been full of many emotional roller-coaster rides already. It's been very hard for me to have not heard from Shands about a job. It was something everyone told me was a sure thing, so I think I believed them. It has been hard for me to share in the joy when my friends get 3 or 4 offers and get to choose their top choice out of the group of offers they received. It's been hard not to take it personally. I was given all of the steps for the best way of finding a job as a nurse, and I took every single one of them, yet things have not worked out the way I have planned. Though I've been given this AMAZING opportunity to be camp nurse at SharpTop, I can't help but to be curious and concerned for what is going to happen come August and summer is gone. One day I say, screw Shands! God has better for me! Then the next day, I still wonder "WHY NOT ME?"
This week is a crazy one. I have to: move all of my furniture and belongings to multiple places for storage, pick up a friend from the airport and somewhat entertain her, laundry, pack for camp, work three 12 hour shifts, babysit for a friend (don't worry Aly- this is part of my week I'm looking forward to!), and get some good quality time with my roommate before I leave for 3 months and never live with her again. Ok so that's only some of the stuff on my "to do" list. It's a very long list. I leave for SharpTop the night of the 19th, or early early morning of the 20th.

No comments: