Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kathy copy Kathy

It's coming to the end of my second day here at Sharptop. I haven't had too many opportunities just yet to deal with medical issues. There is another EMT intern (Nate) here as well. He's a sweet little guy who is going to nursing school who is even less confident in his skills than I. He has been getting most of the action because people know him from being here all week. I kind of got up here in the middle of work week, and am just starting to get to know names of people. There was a girl last night that came up to me and the other EMT during dinner and told us someone had gotten seriously burned in the kitchen and we needed to come back there immediately. So we dropped our forks and rushed back to see her. The girl barely had 5 splotchy spots on her forearm. I told her to rub some burn cream on that baby and get back to work. LOL. Then this morning Nate came up to me after breakfast and asked me if I knew anything about fractures. He told me his plan of action with the kid and I said sounds good. He seemed to manage just fine. I know I am lacking in confidence, but I most defintely know how to serve him this summer. By just building him up. He knows his stuff, just lacks confidence. I worked HARD today. After breakfast I helped rake the trails and the entire ropes course area, move rocks to make the trails look better for 4 hours. Then after lunch became in charge of my own crew of boys and spent 2 hours cleaning cobwebs from EVERY corner in camp. It was fun, let me tell you! So now I'm sitting here for all of my 5 min of break at "home" aka SouthFork and resting my feet. Oh, dinner is soon. I better get a shower.

No comments: