Search My Blog for Your Favorite

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Potty Dance

Have you ever seen those ridiculous Pull-Ups commercials where they sing the Potty Dance song in so many different genres. There is the rap version. There is the middle aged man trying to rock out. What happened to the old commercials like this one? OK you might be wondering why I have you watching all of these pull-up videos. I wonder sometimes how much easier it would be to just pee in your underpants, then change them when they get too droopy. I've thought about this a lot due to the amount of elderly patients we have in diapers in the hospital. Most nights when I am at work I don't find the time to pee. This is a HUGE problem because it's so unhealthy and can lead to UTI's and kindney infections. Luckily, I haven't had either, but it's probably a matter of time. I saw the potty dance commercial come on the other night while I sat in the break room eating my lunch. I couldn't help but think about it some more. There was once an episode of Grey's Anatomy where Christina Yang and Little Grey were wearing diapers to get more surgeries or longer surgeries which were more complex. By wearing diapers they didn't have to dehydrate themselves or scrub out to pee. It was a pretty funny episode seeing them waddle as they visited patients in rounds. Last night at work, I really wish I were wearing a diaper. It was kind of a busy night. I didn't have time to do much of anything other than chart, pass pain meds, chart, do burn dressings, chart, and so on. I also have had an orientee following me, in which I have had a lot of teaching to do. I found myself doing something that looked a LOT like the potty dance. I found a perfect opportunity to take a break and I B lined it to the bathroom. I apparently had to go so badly that I couldn't wait long enough to even pull down my pants! Between trying to hover over the toilet and pull down my pants- I PEED ALL OVER MYSELF!!! WHO DOES THAT!?? I can't help but laugh at myself about this. Instantly after it happened I thought of only one thing.. I finally have something to blog about!!

3 comments:

jenngabby82 said...

Haha... I love it..

brittany said...

hahaha. yikes. you just posted that over the internet for the world to read.
you better get some depends.

Unknown said...

this. is. perfect.

thanks for such a heart-warming story.

touching one life at a time...

-amber.